Thinking about Teaching‽ is an exciting course customised to the needs of the participants. It gives instrumental music teachers a platform to meet colleagues and is a space to reflect on and share teaching experiences. Limited to a maximum of 10 participants for quality purposes and to allow for everyone to develop, revise, and learn new skills. This course is not instrument specific: it focuses on teaching and is therefore open to all instrumental teachers.
Dates and times
|18–20th July (Tue–Thu) €150
18th July: 8.30–13.30
19th July: 8.30–13.30
20th July: 8.30–13.00
|Booking closes 14th July.
All times shown include breaks.
Please note that service is excluded from the cooling-off period and is therefore non-refundable. If you need to cancel, as a goodwill gesture MLI will endeavour to refund you only if all places have been filled on the day of the event. PayPal administration fees are included in the cost of the service – any administration fees incurred by MLI will be deducted from the refund amount.
What this course includes:
- Pre-course questionnaire for customisation
- Certificate of participation
- Summary document of group discussion
- 13 hours of tuition over 3 days
- Access to expertise & experience
What will be covered:
- Managing expectations
- Understanding motivation
- Different types of learners
- Contextualising the private music teaching profession
- Narrative change
- Insights and results from surveys to teachers and examiners
- Effective communication
- Student-teacher relationships
- Lesson planning
- Skill acquisition
- Troubleshooting scenarios