Welcome to Music Literacy Ireland, the first mobile music education service provider in Ireland to offer customised workshops for music teachers, delivered in their locality. Music Literacy Ireland also offers pre-university workshops for aspiring music undergraduates, also brought to a locality near you. All workshops are delivered by an expereienced educator and researcher.
For information about upcoming workshops, join our mailing list and explore our services from the menu above; see below for an oveview.
Music Literacy Ireland provides valuable training for music educators. With over 15 years experience in the Irish music education sector (from private students to third-level courses), 6 years instrumental examining, 12 years of research, 4 years as RIAM senior examiner and project manager of RIAM exam publications, MLI is excited to share their experience with you. The mission is to assist teachers in being the best at what they do on their terms and territory.
What’s on offer?: below are some of the workshops and topics covered. All attendees will receive a certificate of participation.
– teacher training: workshops customised to your teaching needs
– teaching musicianship
– teaching music theory
– how to get the best from music exams
– lesson structure, time management, and practising
– approaching aural work and sight-reading
Where are the workshops?
Anywhere, we are a mobile service; we bring the workshop to you. Check our partner schools or become a partner.
Who can join?
Anyone interested in developing music literacy, music education, and music appreciation. This includes: self-taught musicians, new or aspiring teachers, experienced private teachers who wish to upskill, and primary and secondary school teachers.
Why choose MLI?
MLI has extensive experience:
– teaching piano and theory both privately and in music schools
– lecturing at university
– training university tutors and RIAM examiners
– developing musicianship in university and exam context
– working within music exam systems and examining
– advocating for a holistic education experience
– thinking beyond graded exams
– marking RIAM theory exam papers
– setting and marking university entrance exams
– academic research
– project managing music RIAM exam publications
– workshops are limited to maximum number depending on venue (approx 15 to 25)
Interested in learning more?
Join our mailing list or see contact information.