Teachers who provide music tuition privately cater for many students. In many cases, this is the student’s first formal encounter with music education in Ireland. The importance of your role in music education in Ireland is crucial. If you are a teacher that falls into this category, you may find it a lonely occupation however, with no colleagues to discuss ideas or share stories. Although so much can be accessed online and achieved through social media, it is not quite the same as face-to-face interaction. You may also experience difficulty in accessing theories in music education and content that will help you in your lessons, notwithstanding being able to continue your own professional development. Why not sign up to MLI’s mailing list to keep informed about workshops that are coming near you or contact MLI by phone if you would prefer information in the post.
MLI offers two types of workshops: general workshops and tailor-made workshops. General workshops will be offered at different levels. All information is listed in advance with the fee so you know what to expect and can decide if it suits your needs. Tailor-made workshops are designed around your needs. These workshops are subject to a minimum number of people (see FAQs). In this case, perhaps you and teachers in your locality would be interested in coming together. Contact MLI if you are interested in learning more.
Are these workshops for me?
Yes, if you are interested in:
- Feeling part of a community
- Meeting like-minded teachers
- Addressing certain aspects about music or music teaching
- Having teaching support
- A new approach to theory and musicianship
- Progressing musically
- Refreshing your knowledge
- Avoiding common errors in tuition and exams
- If you are new to teaching
Why choose MLI?
- Broad experience: broad experience across music education sectors means knowing where gaps are and what you need to know to succeed. MLI is aware of common errors in tuition and what is needed to pursue music beyond graded exams.
- Relevant content: content of workshops will be listed in advance so you know if it is suitable to your needs. Where workshops are tailor-made this will be negotiated directly with you and fellow teachers (such workshops are subject to a minimum number).
- Accessibility: MLI believes in bringing quality workshops to committed music teachers who otherwise have little access to resources in their locality.
- Cert: a certificate of attendance/participation.
- Convenient locations: MLI travels to a location near you.
- Date and time: Where possible, MLI will work around dates and times that suit you.
- Save time and money: save travel time and money otherwise spent on transport or accommodation to attend workshops in cities.
- Investment: invest in skills and knowledge that help you be your best professionally.