Continuing Professional Development is crucial to upskilling and keeping in touch with new approaches and research in your discipline. In most circumstances, you are not required to take a specific CPD course or workshop. Despite this freedom to choose something that best suits your needs, you may find that there are few workshops on offer, or where there are workshops, they may not be relevant to your needs. Music Literacy Ireland will offer an array of workshops for you to choose from, but most importantly will tailor make workshops for you and fellow teachers with similar requests.
Why choose MLI?
- Broad experience: broad experience across music education sectors means knowing where gaps are and what you need to know to succeed. MLI is aware of common errors in tuition and what is needed to pursue music beyond graded exams.
- Relevant content: content of workshops will be listed in advance so you know if it is suitable to your needs. Where workshops are tailor-made this will be negotiated directly with you and fellow teachers (such workshops are subject to a minimum number).
- Accessibility: MLI believes in bringing quality workshops to committed music teachers who otherwise have little access to resources in their locality.
- Cert: a certificate of attendance/participation.
- Convenient locations: MLI travels to a location near you.
- Flexibility: where possible, MLI will work around dates and times that suit you.
- Save time and money: save travel time and money otherwise spent on transport or accommodation to attend workshops in cities.
- Investment: invest in skills and knowledge that help you be your best professionally.
Are MLI workshops for me?
Yes, if you are interested in:
- A new approach to theory and musicianship
- Progressing musically
- Having teaching support
- Refreshing your knowledge
- Avoiding common errors in tuition and exams
- Meeting like-minded teachers
- If you are new to teaching